New Issue with Paste relative path in Chrome-based browsers

 As I work on MK 1.0.06 I noticed the "Paste relative path" button in MK is not working. The button is used to parse the text content found in the clipboard, such as an absolute path to an image file. The function here is to convert this to a relative path and paste in the approach syntax to the selected field.

Basically, the new behaviour is nothing happens. However, I did notice an error was logged in the browser Console. Press F12 to enter the DevTools and select the Console tab to see if you are experiencing this error.

I use MS Edge and Chrome. I also know both of these browsers were recently upgraded. It's Oct 10, 2026 as I write this. The new browser updates were released on the 6th and 8th.

In order to confirm my hunch I downloaded Edge version 154, the previous version of Edge (from 155). The button was working as expected in 154.

The JavaScript error I am experiencing in version 155 stems from recent, strict updates to the Asynchronous Clipboard API specification implemented across the Chromium project. I am reviewing the code. Suggestions that have been presented to me on how to change the code are not working. However, to use it right now on updated browsers, you can manually override the restriction:

1. Go to Settings > Privacy and security > Site settings

2.Click Additional permissions and select Clipboard

3. Manually toggle the flag to "Sites can ask to see text and images you copied" or explicitly add your trusted website domain to the allowed list.

In Chrome I found searching for "clipboard" in the Settings was faster:





Comments

Popular Posts